Juss DiSciullo
Juss Me Designing
PiePackages.jpg

Tastykake

Packaging redesign based on the consumer's reaction to branding and packaging changes to a company they have created a bond with.   

 Table at the study conducted at Kutztown University

Table at the study conducted at Kutztown University

Tastykake

Tastykake is a brand name line of snack foods manufactured in Philadelphia, PA since 1914. 

The goal of the Tastykake packaging redesign was to change the consumers perception of the brand from a processed pastry company to an organic, local bakery. This was accomplished through combination of kraft paper, typography, and simple graphics.

In a small study conducted on Kutztown University's campus, participants gave their feedback on the redesign. 90% liked the new packaging and thought it felt fresh, healthy and organic. The other 10% were upset about the drastic change in the logo.